- 1-15 Day Close: LOCK
- 16-30 Day Close: LOCK
- 31-45 Day Close: LOCK
- Recommendations can change throughout the day.
- Click for current Lock Advice
- Average 30-Yr FRM, up 0.09 points to 4.03% on 11-23-16
- Rate Price Based on 3.5% MBS, Up 0.05 Point.
- DJI Stocks - Currently, $19,096.81, Down ($1.09) -0.01%
- Asian & European Stock Market Indexes Down -0.282%
- Crude Oil (WTI) - Currently, $45.33, Down ($1.75)
- Gold 1 Ounce - Currently, $1,189.80, Down ($4.50)
- Rate Lock Advisory. Lock on up ticks. While rates improved slightly yesterday they are up again this morning. Overall, rates show no sign of improving in this uncertain market..
- Tuesday's Market Data:
- The first revision to the 3rd QTR GDP came in at 3.20% versus estimates of 3.00%. A little stronger than expected, generally GDP above 3.00% is very negative for bonds.
- November Consumer Confidence 107.1 versus industry's estimate of 100.0. This is a very strong reading and generally negative for pricing
- Monday's Mortgage Market: prices for rates based on Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) closed down 0.35 point.
30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.03 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending November 23, 2016, up from last week when it averaged 3.94 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.95 percent.
- Tuesday AM Brief
- Congress could play Grinch this Christmas for homeowners
- Mortgage Rates: Higher for the Holidays
- Conforming loan limits increase for first time since 2006
- Less than 1 year left for more than 200K HARP eligible borrowers
- Major trade groups urge Congress to renew two major homeowner tax provisions
- Financial planners warming to reverse mortgages
- Fannie and Freddie Lowering Underwriting Barriers
- Mortgage Brokers are Grabbing a Larger Market Share
CONSUMER EDUCATION = CONSUMER PROTECTION
- Rates and Points Explained
- FHA 203k Renovation Mortgage - Video
- Energy Efficient Mortgages - Video
- What You Should Know About APR
- How To Shop for Mortgage Rates.
- Beware of Misleading Lender Advertising
- Education is the best consumer protection
Real Estate & Mortgage Broker
San Diego FHA and VA Home Loans Escondido Mortgages Escondido Localism San Diego FHA and VA Home Loans San Diego Localism San Diego UFMIP Escondido Mortgages Escondido Localism San Diego Mortgage Ultimate Mortgage Calculator